We loved this dish, but have to be honest – it was allll about the yummy feta-y orzo. I often make other dishes, and use this simple orzo as a side – however, when paired with the oregano and lemon in the vegetables, it really is the perfect accompaniment. Source: Adapted from Cooking Light – Weeknight
Bell Pepper Chicken with Feta Orzo
- 4 oz uncooked orzo
- 4 tsp olive oil divided
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp thground red pepper
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 cup broccoli optional
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbs ½fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting any salt and fat
- While orzo cooks, heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and red pepper, and add chicken to pan
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tsp olive oil and bell peppers to pan, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano and garlic and sauté for another minute. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice.
- Combine orzo and feta, serve with chicken and bell pepper mixture.