I love the prep and cook time on this. 10 mins of each. Simple, and has such wonderful flavors. It’s tasty and impressive enough that if say, someone was coming for dinner on a weeknight, and you just rolled in the door at 5:30… you could still prep and cook this, and have time to make a few sides as well – and pour yourself a glass of wine. Emphasis on pouring yourself a glass of wine. We really enjoyed this – even the toddler deigned to eat some of it – he likes blue cheese. Good times.
Blue Cheese Topped Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs green onion or chives finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 pepper
- enough olive oil to make it bind a little for easier sticking to the chops
- Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add enough oil mix well. Set aside.
- Cook pork chops either under the broiler, or in a pan - until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F
- Spread crumb mixture evenly on chops. Broil for a few minutes until crumbs are browned and cheese starts to melt - watch carefully!
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes before serving (a good time to pour some more wine)