As we ALL know, I’m much more of a cook than a baker. Every now and again, of course – the urge to bake something takes over. I wanted muffins, but I didn’t want them to be too sweet, and I wanted to involve fruit and or vegetables in an attempt to feel like it was okay to eat 3 of them… You will note that I made a dozen of these, yet only 9 are pictured. I just can’t tell you what happened.
|See? You can see the “vegetables” in there!!|
Butternut Squash & Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 Tbs canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together banana, butternut squash, eggs, applesauce, sugar, and oil, until well blended (I used my stand mixer for this).
- In separate mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and the flours.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix only until batter forms (don't over mix, it makes muffins tough)
- Pour into greased baking cups or muffin tins.
- Bake at 350. Regular size muffins for 16-18 minutes. Mini muffins for 13-15 minutes.