A soft and squishy bread, stuffed with fresh peaches and cinnamon – this is a delicious treat. Easy to make, this Cinnamon Swirl Peach Bread is my new favorite!
I’m SO loving being part of a bread baking group. It really pushes me to create something new each month, and obviously, my family enjoys it! This Cinnamon Swirl Peach Bread is a cross between a cinnamon roll, a fruited loaf and … something else. What it is, is, yummy. We all know I love cinnamon rolls. Did you also know I love peaches? They are absolutely gorgeous in the summer season, all the bright and fresh and sweet deliciousness, bursting with flavor. I thought, why not add some fresh peaches, and make it into a loaf? Why not indeed? You could adapt this for other fruits, I bet apples or pears would be awesome, too.
It is a little bit tricky to handle, the dough is super soft – but you can do it! Make sure you have plenty of room to work with, and you MUST line your baking sheet with parchment. Trust me, you’ll thank me. This will get you a very soft and yummy bread, with such a wonderful flavor. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Swirl Peach Bread #breadbakers
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches about 2 medium
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp milk (more depending on consistency)
Make the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook.
- Knead until a smooth ball forms (about 10 minutes - you could do this by hand if you wanted to)
- Place in a greased bowl, covered with a wet towel, and set aside in a warm place for about an hour.
- Punch down, roll out to a 16 x 21 (ish)rectangle
To make filling
- Dice the peaches (no need to peel)
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter.
Assembly and Baking
- Spread the melted butter evenly over your dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over the top.
- Evenly spread the peaches over the surface of the dough.
- Roll up from the wider side, and close in the ends to seal.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350, and bake your bread for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and beat together with an electric mixer.
- Spread over the surface of the bread.
- Slice, and devour
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month it is Mireille of The Schizo Chef – thanks for hosting, Mirielle! If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com. #BreadBakers – Stone Fruit
- Apricot and Cherry Focaccia by Herbivore Cucina
- Apricot & Pistachio Buns by Baking Sense
- Apricot & Stilton Soda Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Apricot Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apricot Cranberry Walnut Quick Bread by Spill the Spices
- Apricot Kolaches by Food Lust People Love
- Apricot Oat Casserole Bread with Sweet Vanilla Glaze by A Salad For All Seasons
- Big Batch Bran Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Brown Sugar and Plum Pull-Apart Bread by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cherry Bread with Streusel Topping by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Ricotta Muffins by Sneha’s Recipe
- Cinnamon Swirl Peach Bread by Kylee Cooks
- Dried Apricot Bread with Walnuts by The Bread She Bakes
- Eggless Mango Cardamom Walnut Quick Bread by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Eggless Mini Mango Bread by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Mango and Passionfruit Yeast Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Mango Challah by Passion Kneaded
- Mango Jam Rolls with Cremé, Fresh Mangoes and Jam Filling by G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Mango Pull Apart Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Nectarine-Blueberry Muffins by A Baker’s House
- Peach & Nutmeg Sweet Focaccia by The Schizo Chef
- Peach Yogurt Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Plum & Pecan Bread by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Scones with Apricot, Ginger and Brie by Palatable Pastime
- Semolina Bread with Apricots and Sage by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Peach Oatmeal Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Whole Wheat Nectarine Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Wholewheat Sweet Rolls with Mango Filling by Cook’s Hideout