This is an AMAZINGLY fast weeknight meal. Popular with my whole family, if you use already peeled and deveined shrimp – you can have this little beauty on the table in 12 MINUTES. TWELVE.
Because I’m allergic to shellfish, and I pretty much avoid all seafood, I don’t cook very much of it in my house. It’s a very SAD fact, according to my husband who absolutely loves it. Really, my biggest problem is that I can’t taste test and adjust flavors as I would with other dishes, so I’m kind of flying blind – and have to hope for the best.
I saw this recipe, and decided then and there I would make my poor suffering husband a yummy dinner. My husband assures me that this was FABULOUS. I knew it would be, because I got it from Sweet Beginnings. Never had a bad recipe from Jaida!
Even the boys ate this, happily. It was crazy watching them fight over the shrimp!! I made this again the following night (by request), but subbed chicken for the shrimp. And I loved it!! This is a very very very quick meal. Takes…. 12 minutes max. I swear!
Want more Pasta? Of course you do!
Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine
This is an AMAZINGLY fast weeknight meal. Popular with my whole family, if you use already peeled and deveined shrimp - you can have this little beauty on the table in 12 MINUTES. TWELVE.
- 8 oz dry fettuccine
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 tbs (plus extrcajun seasoning
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream or half n half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley optional
- Cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, put shrimp in a bowl and add the cajun seasoning. Toss around until well mixed.
- Add the flour and mix together.
- Heat skillet over medium high.
- Add shrimp in single layer and cook. Leave them alone! After 2 mins, carefully flip.
- Cook another minute or two.
- Add cream and broth to skillet, and scrape up all the yummies, mixing it all in.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add a little extra cajun seasoning if you want.
- Cook 5 mins, until thickened.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet.
- Toss to cover pasta in the sauce, then add in the parmesan.
Add in the shrimp, sprinkle with parsley.