Rich chocolate mousse-like cheesecake, blended with Kahlua, on a chocolate cookie base. Oh, my.
My mini cheesecake pan is proving to be a worthy investment! I’ve made Pineapple Coconut (with pecan crust. Mmmhmm), and a few others that I will share with you at some point… but let’s talk about THESE ONES!
These are the perfect size to indulge in 1 or 2 (or 4, I’m not judging). The flavor of the Kahlua pairs nicely with an after dinner coffee – boozy desserts just scream HOLIDAY to me!
Add these to your dessert line-up this year – you’ll thank me, I promise.
Kahlua (Mini) Cheesecakes
- 11 oreo cookies
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Whipped cream
- Oreo Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease the cheesecake pan, set aside
For the crust
- Crush the cookies either using a food processor, or a ziplock bag and rolling pin. You want them to be fairly finely crushed!
- Combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs, then add to the cheesecake pan wells evenly. Press down (a shot glass, or a small bottle) so it is firmly packed.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- Reduce the oven temp to 250F
For the filling
- Melt chocolate and set aside
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well mixed (and not lumpy)
- Add the chocolate and kahlua and beat until very well blended.
- Fill the cheesecake wells about 3/4 full (can use a ziploc bag with a corner cut off for easy work!)
- Bake until the filling just sets - about 25 minutes.
- Cool the pan to room temperature, then put the pan in the fridge to chill thoroughly (about 2-3 hours)
- Remove from the pan, and garnish with some whipped cream and oreo crumbs (or cocoa powder)