A super fast low carb chicken dinner that is a total weeknight winner! Using just one skillet, dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
Weeknights are crazy busy, and if you want to avoid the drive-through, or the take-out menus like I do, having a few easy to make, quick meals in the repertoire is crucial for a smooth evening.
It’s also getting hot here, so spending a lot of time in my tiny kitchen in the heat is not my idea of a good time.
This dinner is low carb, but you can feel free to carb it up with some buttered noodles, some mashed potatoes, or some rice if you must!A super fast #lowcarb #chicken dinner that is a weeknight winner! Uses 1 skillet & ready in 20 mins!Click To Tweet
Some VERY simple and customizable ingredients – don’t like green beans or asparagus? Use yellow and green zucchini. Add onions! Or leeks! Don’t have herbs de provence? (get some), sub italian seasoning, or another rub that you like. My homemade Tuscan Seasoning goes pretty well with this dinner! Have no chicken, but have pork or fish? Awesome. Switch it out.
I left the garlic out of this picture. But you forgive me, right?
This recipe is really more of a thought starter since it’s so changeable. I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with! Tag me on instagram (@kyleecooks) with your creations!
Want more weeknight dishes? Of course you do!
Low Carb Chicken Provencal & Vegetables
- 2 Tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs herbs de provence (sub Tuscan Seasoning)
- 8 oz green beans , trimmed
- 8 oz asparagus , woody ends removed
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ Cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- Parmesan cheese for serving
For the Chicken
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, on both sides until fully cooks.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
For the Vegetables
- Heat remaning 1Tbs oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add green vegetables (green beans, asparagus) and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Divide cooked veggies to plates, and top with chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, if using.