An easy, healthy Mediterranean style steamed cod, quinoa and tasty stir fried vegetables dinner ready to serve in 30 minutes or less. Perfect!
Want more easy/quick Weeknight Meals? Of course you do!
Mediterranean Cod with Quinoa and Vegetables
- 2 6 oz cod fillets
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I used rainbow)
- olive oil
- 6 oz green beans trimmed
- 1 cups ¼cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled, minced
- teaspoon ¼crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 leaves sprigs marjoram roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs olive tapenade
- Stir the quinoa, and 1 cup of water together in a pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 mins. Remove from heat, season, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan with a lid over medium-high heat. Add green beans to hot pan and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir fry 1 minute.
- Squeeze juice of half lemon over veggies, and season.
- Add ½ cup water and stir.
- Season both sides of fish, and rest on top of veggies in the pan.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Transfer fish to a plate, and keep warm.
- Stir marjoram into veggies. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Make a bed of quinoa on each plate.
- Pile vegetables on top of quinoa, and fish on top of veggies.
- Spoon olive tapenade over top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges (if you want!), and serve
Source: Adapted from GreenChef