A super simple meal idea – getting you from zero to delicious in very little time. A little pre marinade, and you’re ready to cook the second you hit the kitchen!
This is more of an idea vs an involved recipe – simply because it uses things that are pre-made. Far from being Sandra Lee, I still do like to do a few semi-homemade dinners!
This chicken is marinated in a smoky mesquite marinade (store bought), and thrown on the grill. While it cooks, I whip up some pico de gallo, and either use some cheddar for the top, or grab some leftover queso (I like it both ways).
A simple dinner, with very little effort required, that looks pretty and tastes amazing!
Serve it with some rice and extra cilantro – or add some black beans to the rice with a little garlic, cumin and chili powder, and squeeze some lime in.
Want more weeknight dinners? Of course you do!
Mesquite Marinated Chicken with Pico de Gallo
A super simple meal idea - getting you from zero to delicious in very little time. A little pre marinade, and you're ready to cook the second you hit the kitchen!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Store bought mesquite marinade
- 6 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely diced
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup queso cheese dip or shredded cheddar cheese (you choose)
- Cooked rice for serving
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the marinade for at least an hour (best when done overnight)
- Get the grill good and hot, and grill til the chicken is fully cooked (165 degrees F)
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno , and combine with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Test for seasoning, add more lime or salt and pepper if needed
- When the chicken is fully cooked, plate it, and add some of the pico de gallo to each, and top with the queso or cheese if using.
- Serve with the rice.
This is purely a courtesy, and I take no responsibility for the accuracy.
Calculated using My Fitness Pal. If you are on a specific diet, please calculate for yourself, as you may use different products than I used.