Make the most of fresh spring vegetables and flavors with this super easy Skillet Roasted Asparagus. A quick sauté, then finished in the oven – this yummy side goes perfect with everything!
I love asparagus! Such a yummy spring veggie, that can be cooked in lots of different ways. I mess around with different herbs and seasonings, based on what is fresh, what I have in the fridge/pantry and what I’m serving it alongside.
I had fresh rosemary, fresh garlic, and just got a big bag of lemons – so, it was a no brainer! (The fact that I added butter doesn’t hurt the flavor, either – but you could sub a healthy oil instead if you must).Fresh spring #Asparagus paired with #garlic #rosemary and finished with #lemon! #recipe #vegetablesClick To Tweet
A quick sauté in the skillet with the garlic and rosemary, and a little time in the oven (you could skip the oven and do this solely in the skillet – I just like the roasted flavor, and the hands off technique!)
It’s great for when you need a side – and don’t want to spend a lot of time (or don’t have a lot of time).
My kids won’t touch asparagus (or anything green – unless it’s broccoli – so, I’ll take it). This is good news, really – because… more for me! I just LOVE biting into perfectly cooked (still crisp, but not raw) asparagus – and hope that my kids seeing me enjoying it will convince them to give it a try.
Maybe one day?
I paired this Roasted Asparagus with some pork tenderloin (the boys ate pasta on the side) and it was a great springtime dinner. Light, but satisfying.
What is your favorite way to enjoy asparagus?
Want more side dishes? Of course you do!
- 1 Tbs salted butter
- 2 tsp garlic freshly minced
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary a sprig, with the leaves stripped
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed to remove woody ends
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Heat the oven to 350F.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium high, and melt the butter.
- Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the rosemary, asparagus and salt/pepper.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes (or less, depending on how well you like yours cooked).
- Remove from the oven, and place on serving dish.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the top.