Mum, pay attention. My Dad will like this one, K? Plus it’s fancy looking enough that you can make it for when you have company.
If you’re feeling fancy, make a little pan sauce with the browned bits left in the pan, just a little salt, pepper, white wine, chicken broth (and a little butter to finish if you aren’t afraid of butter)
Stuffed Chicken Rollettes
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly into cutlets
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil. Add onion to pan and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Wilt spinach
- by dampening, then stirring in a pan until wilted - you could steam it if you wanted to)
- , stir in zest, feta, red peppers, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between cutlets. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown, t
- put them into a baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven to finish cooking to 165 degrees F.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.