A rich, decadent and full of chocolate dessert (the best kind!), this triple chocolate cheesecake is to die for. Seriously, just go make this immediately.
Although I was never one to go crazy for chocolate as a teenager (NZ Cadbury’s Black Forest aside, of course), now that I’m
40 much older – I find it so much more satisfying. No idea why, it just… is.
I’ve long had a thing for cheesecake and remember getting the frozen ones from the store and thinking it was terribly exciting anytime my mum would bust one out of the freezer. I may have even eaten it frozen.
So it really stands to reason why I’m posting this now. I’m 40, I like chocolate, and I like cheesecake. Aren’t you so glad I cleared that mystery up for you? You’re so welcome…
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
I love to make cheesecake and typically make mini ones for a few reasons: 1) I have a super cute pan that they can be made in, 2) They’re very shareable, 3) portion control (which is not even counted if you eat 5) and 4) larger cheesecakes tend to crack for me.
This one DID crack, but… I don’t even care. Don’t worry if your cheesecake cracks. Fill it with ganache, and tell people it’s supposed to be that way. They won’t complain with their mouth full of chocolate, I promise.
This is a great one to make ahead and pull out when you have company -plan ahead, don’t expect to make this and be eating this a few hours later!
This one comes from OMG Chocolate Desserts because with a site name like that…. you know you’re in the right hands. Go check her out!
So, what do you think? Want a slice?
Want more cheesecake? (Of COURSE you do)
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies cookie and filling included
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 lb cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Finely crush the cookies (use a food processor or crush them in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin, add melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9inch springform pan
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven let cool.
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder and coffee granules until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed. Don't overbeat!
- Add the melted chocolate and continue to mix on low to just combine
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake until the center is just set and the top looks dry (about an hour - your oven will vary).
- Allow to cool, run a knife around the edge, and then refrigerate overnight.
- In a saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- Slice and devour.
Source: adapted only very slightly from http://omgchocolatedesserts.com/