This Ragout, though…
Want more weeknight meals? Of course you do!!
Turkey Sausage, Cannellini and Tomato Ragout
A delicious and lighter version of a traditional ragout, that doesn't skimp on the flavour!
- 6 oz hot turkey sausage can sub regular sausage
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained, 14.5-ounce
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed, 15-ounce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Remove sausage from pan.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add ¼ cup of the stock, cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in remaining stock, salt, pepper, oregano, tomatoes and beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cooked sausage, cook for a few more minutes.
Source: Cooking Light