A super easy, fast and delicious weeknight meal, this Asian Chicken dish is packed with chicken, noodles, vegetables and a splash of Asian flair in the form of a tasty, tangy sauce to pull it all together!
A yummy weeknight meal
Just like all good weeknight meals, you really don’t need a ton of time to make this one. If you cut/prep the veggies ahead of time, and make the sauce, it’s even EASIER.
All that said, I actually made this on a Saturday night. Why? Because… all being said and done, I’d already prepped the ingredients with the intention of making this the night before – but, we ended up going out to eat. I can’t complain about that, right?
If I had thought ahead more, I’d have themed this with some eggrolls, or some potstickers to complete the Chinese style dinner. But I didn’t. Aren’t you glad I’m telling YOU this? Learn from my errors, people!
This makes a LOT of food, so make sure you and the family are ready to chow down! That’s not actually a problem in my house – it seems like everyone is ready to eat, all the things, all the time!
How long does it take?
I can get this prepped, cooked, and on the table in about the same time as a chinese delivery would arrive. But, I get SO much more food, and of course the smug satisfaction that I made it myself from scratch. You can’t beat THAT feeling.
Of course, this is only good if the end result is fabulous. So, let me be super clear here.
Grab some ingredients:
The noodles take just a few minutes (because they’re fresh) in some boiling water…
Cook up the veggies..
LET’S EAT this Asian Chicken Noodle deliciousness!
What is YOUR go-to weeknight meal? I need a few more ideas – hit the comment section below and let me know!
Want more weeknight meals? Of course you do!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 lb fresh chow mein noodles
- 1 lb chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 Tbs minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Whisk together soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil, set aside.
- In a large pot, bring plenty of water to a boil – when ready, cook the noodles until warmed through, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok, over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and celery and cook until chicken is white (but not cooked through)
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, and ginger and cook until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add the garlic, cook for a further minute, then add the sauce.
- Add the noodles, and toss until evenly mixed.
Adapted from: Cooking Classy