This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apricot Almond Oatmeal Muffins are super quick to mix, and 20 minutes til you can eat. With some healthy ingredients, they’re a wonderful breakfast muffin!
I’m a huge fan of muffins (as evidenced on this blog) and love to have one with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Dried apricots, almond meal and oatmeal make these a contender for feeding the family for breakfast!
Apricot Almond Oatmeal Muffins are my favorite kind of portable breakfast. Having these hang out at my house (for however long they last) is awesome when running out the door. I like to scarf these in the car, on the way to school drop off and then work.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Apricot Almond Oatmeal Muffins – perfect for breakfast or a mid morning snack! Get the recipe @kyleecooks #recipe #muffins #homemade #baking” quote=”Apricot Almond Oatmeal Muffins – perfect for breakfast or a mid morning snack! Get the recipe @kyleecooks #recipe #muffins #homemade #baking”]
Muffins can tend to be so sweet they might as well be cake – which is awesome if you like cake for breakfast, but these ones are a little less sweet than others. With only dried fruit and honey as sweeteners, these are definitely NOT cake-like.
Due to the almond meal and oatmeal, these muffins will fill your belly and fuel you til lunch!
Super easy ingredients – that are easy to sub for whatever you have!
Kylee’s Notes for Apricot Almond Oatmeal Muffins
- Only mix until JUST combined – overmixed batter will produce tough muffins!
- Switch out the butter, and use coconut oil
- Switch out the honey, and use agave or pure maple syrup
- Use any dried fruit – raisins, cranberries, apples, or pineapple
What’s your favorite breakfast on the run?
Want more muffins? Of course you do!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 12 well muffin pan with paper liners or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking.
- Mix in oats, almond meal and apricots.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, butter and egg.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet. Mix until JUST combined.
- Divide batter between the 12 muffin wells and sprinkle with extra oatmeal
- Bake for 20mins, until they spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool on a wire rack.