A fruity, Asian inspired salad with plenty of flavor and a little crunch- main meal or side? You choose!
Not even CLOSE to being the best photo of this, and I almost didn’t post this because of it. But that would be a crying shame. This salad is just so good, you’ll forget all about the picture and just thank me for posting. Mmmkay? I did make the dressing and crunch ahead of time (on the weekend) so that all I had to do to pull this together during the week was cut the avocado, mango, onions and cilantro. Easy enough to do while you wait for your protein to cook (we served this with pork chops) Let me know when you try and like this!
Asian Crunch Salad
- 1 lb coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 packages of ramen noodles crumbled (toss the seasoning packet away)
- 1/2 cup sliced or roughly chopped almonds
Asian Honey Dressing:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or any cooking oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread the crumbled ramen noodles and sliced almonds out on a baking sheet, and stir to combine. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds and noodles are slightly toasted and golden, mixing around during cooking if need be. Keep a very close eye on it so that it doesn't burn. Remove and set aside
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Add ingredients (including the dressing) together in a large bowl, and toss until combined.
If you know you'll have leftovers keep the avocado, half the dressing, and half the crunch OUT and add them as you serve again. The salad will wilt and won't be good the next day otherwise!