This Baked Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups recipe is a simple process that yields an amazing churro-like breakfast treat. 20 minutes in the oven (if you can wait that long) to dig in to these!
Can you believe I actually had to convince my children to try these? They’re deeply suspicious of all new foods (ugh), and were skeptical when I said brightly “they’re really good!! Try one!”.
I think they’re onto me, because I also said that about asparagus a few weeks ago, and they did try it. And hated it.
I guess I kind of deserved that one.
Anyway – the cinnamon-y deliciousness of these Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups hit their nostrils, and they deigned to taste it. Naturally, their mother was right (as always – we’ll forget about the asparagus incident).Baked Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups #breakfast #recipe #treat #sweet Click To Tweet
I SO wish I had:
- made more; or
- not told them they were good
There was none left!! Little boys who decide they like something are really committed to finishing entire plates of things… Which, when it’s this kind of thing… is a crying shame because there’s much less left for me!
Thankfully, they’re super easy to make, so I can whip up a batch any time I like. You can actually make these ahead, though (see below)
So, what in them, then?
Glad you asked. I really am. It’s SO easy!!
Just some cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar, bread (with the crusts removed), melted butter and cinnamon sugar. That’s it!
If you like this – you might also enjoy this recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Rolls:
How about a variation?
Cooked apples, diced small are awesome inside these, or maybe Raspberries, Blueberries, Nutella. Even peaches!
Can I make these ahead?
Actually, yes. I made these again, baked them – and then let them cool. They were great reheated in the oven – only took 5 minutes.
Want more breakfast ideas? Of course you do!
- 10-12 slices bread (any kind)
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 3 Tbs powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter , melted
Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice the crusts off the bread
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread out.
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Lay out 2 shallow dishes (I use pie plates sometimes)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon until well combined and add to one of the shallow dishes.
- In the other, add the melted butter.
- Spread each slice of bread thickly with the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up tightly, dip in the butter, then the sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.