This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A winning combination of basil, parmesan and new york strip steaks. A little italian flair at your summer cook-out!
Basil/Parmesan Crusted New York Strips
- 2 New York Strip steaks
- olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- Lightly brush the steaks with the oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill.
- Combine the cheese and the basil, set aside.
- Sear the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the steaks over and add a little of the cheese and basil mixture to each. Close the lid and continue grilling until the cheese is melted and the steaks are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and garlic and heat until the butter is melted and the garlic is sizzling, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon over the steaks and serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from Weber’s New Real Grilling by Jamie Purviance