This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
While not the prettiest of dishes, what it lacks in looks, it makes up for in taste and flavor. And it’s FAST! Great for a weeknight!
Aaah, the dinnertime rush..
We all know that crazy time of evening between when you get home and the kids’ bedtime, and when you can relax
get to drink heavily.
You need to get food on the table, like NOW, and you have hungry little monsters in your kitchen begging for snacks, food, water, and to touch EVERYTHING.
I’m ALWAYS up for an under 30 minute start-to-finish kind of meal. The problem I have with most recipes is that they take way more time, and I’m left exhausted by the time I serve it all up. This, friends, is not that kind of recipe. This is a genuine 30 minute or less dinner, including prep.
Did I cheat?
Well… yes… I had ground beef thawed, and onion already chopped (from another recipe), and had this in the oven in under 10 minutes. Then 10 minutes of baking, 5 of resting and DONE!!
How to make Beef & Black Bean Enchilada Pie (full recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cook the ground beef, and add the black beans.
Make the sauce, saute some garlic in butter, and add flour, broth, taco seasoning and tomato sauce to the pan, and bring to a boil.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce, add the rest to the ground beef and black beans.
Grab a pie plate and add a tortilla and spread 1 cup of beef mixture over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
Repeat layers, ending with a tortilla. Pour remaining sauce over the top, add cheese and bake for 10 mins.
Let it cool. Devour.
Kylee’s notes on Beef & Black Bean Enchilada Pie
- add a can of green chiles to the beef and black bean mixture
- bump up the spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes
- make it heartier – swap out white flour tortillas for whole wheat
- make it healthier – swap our the ground beef for turkey. No one will know!
Want more super fast weeknight ideas? Of course you do!
Beef & Black Bean Enchilada Pie
- Sour cream hot sauce, sliced olives, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add beef and onion to pan; cook until browned. Add black beans.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, be careful not to burn!
- Sprinkle with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve about half a cup of the tomato mixture, and add the rest to the beef and beans.
- In a 9-inch pie plate place one of the tortillas.
- Top with 1 cup beef mixture and a small sprinkle of cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with tortilla.
- Spread reserved tomato mixture over tortilla. Top with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes, before serving topped with toppings of your choice.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.