This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Rich, tasty and perfect for a chilly evening, or even in summer (so you don’t heat up your house), this beef stew with bacon, onions and sweet potatoes is a treat to come home to.
Something I absolutely love about my crock pot is coming home, driving into the garage, opening the door and smelling something gorgeous wafting out of my house. All with very low effort from ME. It’s ALMOST like someone else is cooking for me, right? I love my husband, but aside from the grill where he likes to get fancy, his idea of cooking is really just reheating something I made. This yummy beef stew is rich with flavor and color. It’s my absolute favorite crock pot meal. Looking for other crock pot favorites? How about this Chunky Chili? Or BBQ Chicken? Maybe some Red Beans and Rice?
Beef stew with Bacon, Onions and Sweet PotatoesPrint
- 1.5 lb beef cut into 2.5 cm (one inch) chunks, stewing beef
- 14 oz beef stock
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion cut into large chunks
- 4 slices bacon thick, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs water
- Coat the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except cornflour and water in the crockpot, and mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer beef and vegetables to a serving bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn crockpot onto HIGH. Combine cornflour and water, stir until smooth. Stir into cooking liquid. Cover, cook for 15 minutes until thickened.
- To serve, spoon sauce over beef and vegetables.