This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Healthy Brunch cake is awesome with raspberry, blueberry, blackberry… any berry! Replacing most of the oil with yogurt, this cake is moist and delicious and perfect for a weekend brunch. Or dessert. Or snack, because… you know, yum!
Any time I think of brunch, I think of
mimosas light and fresh cakes, quiches, and salads. These brunch cakes (I made one blueberry, one raspberry) really fit the bill. They’re perfect for sharing – and use yogurt and fruit to really bring the flavor.
Things have been a bit crazy in our house. The Husband works outdoors, and in the heats we’ve been having – that’s some serious stuff. He got dehydrated, and ended up in the ER last week with heat exhaustion.
I called my neighbor, and begged her to watch my sons while I went with him and she stepped right up and helped me out. I’m a huge believer in using whatever you have in life, and since I can’t pay her a million dollars, I thought a cake to say “thanks a
brunch bunch” would work for me.
Plus, any excuse to eat cake, and call it breakfast, right? Like I said – I made two. I halved them both, and sent both flavors over. Which do YOU think would be the most popular brunch cake?
Replacing most of the oil with yogurt, this cake is moist and delicious and perfect for a weekend brunch. I love to mix it up and use different berries, or combine a bunch of them!
Want more Raspberry Recipes? Of course you do!
Healthy Berry Brunch CakePrint Pin
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz low fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup berries you pick! frozen OR fresh is just fine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla and yogurt.
- Add wet to dry, and mix until JUST combined.
- Fold in the berries.
- Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a fork or your fingers until it becomes like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Pin to save for later!