This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
With a toddler in daycare and brutally early drop offs due to my work schedule, I needed some new and different things to beg him to eat feed him (and us!) in the mornings before we leave, or to send with him to eat there. I wanted something I knew he’d enjoy, but still feel good about feeding him. These muffins (“muffles” if you ask the toddler) fit the bill and taste awesome. I made them as minis, but also some larger ones too. That we devoured. nom nom nom
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Line muffin tins with paper liners (12 regular sized, or 24 minis)
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, 1 cup of the all-purpose flour,
- whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- In a stand mixer, combine the egg, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and milk until well mixed.
- Add in the combined flour mixture and beat until a thick batter forms
- Toss blueberries in the remaining 1 tsp flour, and fold into the batter
- Fill the muffin wells about ¾ full, and bake for 15-20 minutes for minis, and 18-20 for regular sized.
- Scarf immediately, or freeze individually for later use (right, like muffins would really last that long in my house….)
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.