This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With a toddler in daycare and brutally early drop offs due to my work schedule, I needed some new and different things to beg him to eat feed him (and us!) in the mornings before we leave, or to send with him to eat there. I wanted something I knew he’d enjoy, but still feel good about feeding him. These muffins (“muffles” if you ask the toddler) fit the bill and taste awesome. I made them as minis, but also some larger ones too. That we devoured. nom nom nom
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Line muffin tins with paper liners (12 regular sized, or 24 minis)
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, 1 cup of the all-purpose flour,
- whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- In a stand mixer, combine the egg, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and milk until well mixed.
- Add in the combined flour mixture and beat until a thick batter forms
- Toss blueberries in the remaining 1 tsp flour, and fold into the batter
- Fill the muffin wells about ¾ full, and bake for 15-20 minutes for minis, and 18-20 for regular sized.
- Scarf immediately, or freeze individually for later use (right, like muffins would really last that long in my house….)