This really comes under the “duh” label for cooking, but is so yummy and simple – I had to share the combination.
Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup salsa any kind is fine
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can sweet corn drained and rinsed (optional)
- Splash of lime juice
Optional (for serving)
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Extra salsa
- Mash the beans a little, and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on a tortilla, top with another and cook in your sandwich press, or on your stove in a skillet (remember to flip halfway through)
- Repeat until you run out of tortillas!
- Slice, serve with some hot sauce, sour cream and extra salsa.