This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A deliciously light chicken skillet pie, with spinach and ricotta cheese, amped up with lemon zest. This is fantastic to have hanging out in the fridge for a quick lunch, or dinner.
What make ahead meals are your favorites?
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta Cheese
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 eggs
- cup ½soft cheese (goat cheese bleu cheese or feta cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cubed chicken breasts (this is a great recipe for leftover chicken), cooked
- 1 bag spinach leaves 6-ounces
- 1 stick butter melted, 8 tablespoons
- 16 phyllo sheets
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, chopped garlic, eggs, cheese, zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; with a mixer on low, mix until combined and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add cubed chicken pieces; cook for 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add spinach leaves and continue to cook until spinach is wilted; about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer ½-cup of chicken mixture to ricotta mixture; stir to combine.
- Add the remaining chicken mixture to the ricotta mixture and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Brush a cast iron skillet with a little bit of the melted butter.
- Unfold phyllo sheets.
- Place a phyllo sheet on the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Top with seven more sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter before adding the next.
- As you work, keep the unused stack of phyllo sheets covered so they don't dry up.
- Spread the chicken-ricotta mixture over the phyllo sheets.
- Top with remaining 8 phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter, including the top sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is browned and flaky.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Pin this one for later! Just click the pic below!