This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Coleman Steak Snacks feature in this homemade cracked pepper baked beans recipe, perfect as a side while grilling out, or as a main dish with some cornbread.
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Sweets & Snacks Expo (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Coleman Steak Snacks products to facilitate my post, but my opinion and creative content are my own.
GIVEAWAY ALERT!! Scroll down for details!
These beans are a little different, because I used peppered steak snacks from Coleman in mine. Much like a jerky, although not a jerky, these steak snacks are chewy and flavorful. I’m actually not a fan of jerky, so was hesitant to even try these – but was won over by the flavor when I did!
I’m giving away a prize pack (see below) from Coleman Steak Snacks – so you can try for yourself!
[clickToTweet tweet=”WIN! A prize pack of steak snacks from Coleman! http://bit.ly/2un1efp #giveaway #kyleecooks #MomBlogTourFF #ad ” quote=”WIN! A prize pack of steak snacks from Coleman! http://bit.ly/2un1efp #giveaway #kyleecooks #MomBlogTourFF #ad “]
I like the idea of making beans from scratch (okay, I didn’t use dried beans and cook my own, but I also didn’t open a can of baked beans, either!). The smell of these babies cooking on the stove was phenomenal.
I think they’d be a great addition to our meals while camping in the woods too! No need for anything other than some skillet cornbread, and we’d have a hearty meal, easily! Seriously, these things take only around an hour to make, and most of that time is hands off. My favorite!
Here’s what’s in this recipe for Peppered Steak Baked Beans!
What’s your favorite side in summer?
About Coleman Steak Snacks
Founded in 1900, Coleman is the most recognized Outdoor brand in the world.
Crafted from 100% beef and slow cooked with the perfect blend of spices, Coleman® Steak Snacks are a delicious and better-for-you snack. With no artificial ingredients, no MSG, no nitrates added (except that which occurs naturally in celery juice powder), and no high fructose corn syrup, Coleman® Steak Snacks are low in fat and high in protein.
Each bit is infused with the perfect blend of seasonings, then slowly cooked, ensuring the most tender and flavorful steak snacks available.
Check them out on Facebook
Want to win a prize pack from Coleman Steak Snacks? (Of course you do)
Want more delicious sides? Of COURSE YOU DO!!
Coleman Steak Snacks feature in this homemade baked beans recipe, perfect as a side while grilling out, or as a main dish with some cornbread.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion diced finely
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- ½ large red pepper diced finely
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced finely (optional, omit if you don’t like heat)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 package Colman Steak Snacks Cracked Pepper flavor, sliced into ribbons
- 4 Tbs molasses
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 3 15 oz cans pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, red pepper and jalapeno until softened.
Add stock, Colman Steak Snacks, molasses, cumin and beans.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for an hour, stirring often.
- Uncover and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced (15-20 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning and adjust using salt/pepper or extra molasses and cumin if you prefer.
- If your “gravy” isn’t thick enough, remove a small amount of the liquid, and blend it with cornstarch. Mix the cornstarch mixture back into the beans and cook until thickened.