This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Cajun Shrimp Pasta is an AMAZINGLY fast weeknight meal. Popular with my whole family, if you use already peeled and deveined shrimp – you can have this little beauty on the table in 12 MINUTES. TWELVE.
Because I’m allergic to shellfish, and I pretty much avoid all seafood, I don’t cook very much of it in my house. It’s a very SAD fact, according to my husband who absolutely loves it. Really, my biggest problem is that I can’t taste test and adjust flavors as I would with other dishes, so I’m kind of flying blind – and have to hope for the best.
Every now and then, I throw The Husband a bone and deign to make this Cajun Shrimp Pasta for him and the boys. My husband assures me that this is FABULOUS. It’s true, I make a (smaller) but separate pan using diced chicken for myself and anyone else that happens to be around that is not a shrimp fan).
Even the boys eat this, happily. It is crazy watching them fight over the shrimp!
This is an AWESOME weeknight dinner, I can pull it together so fast and get it on the table before I can actually get the table SET (we’re working on the boys doing this, but they aren’t fabulous at it yet. SQUIRREL!!)
If you are feeling guilty about the lack of vegetables, like I do – just add some frozen peas to the sauce near the end, or serve a salad on the side.
Or get over your guilt and just give in to deliciousness. I won’t judge you!
Why this recipe works:
- FAST – you’re cooking the shrimp while the pasta boils, so as long as it takes to prep your ingredients and boil your pasta, is as long as this will take!
- EASY – very few ingredients and simple steps make this a beginner friendly recipe.
- DELICIOUS – enough said.
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you begin cooking. This is a quick recipe, you want to be ready!
- Choose shrimp that is already peeled, deveined and ready to go! It will save a bunch of time.
- Switch out the Cajun seasoning for an Italian or Tuscan Seasoning
How to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
- Boil fettuccine in salted water.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the shrimp with cajun seasoning and flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, and cook the shrimp.
- Add half and half and stock to the skillet and scrape up all the good stuff!
- Simmer until thickened, then add the cooked (and drained) pasta to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Devour with parmesan cheese and some parsley.
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Source: Adapted from Sweet Beginnings
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Cook the fettuccine in plenty of salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, put shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with the cajun seasoning. Toss around until well mixed.
- Add the flour and mix until well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high.
- Add shrimp in single layer and cook. Leave them alone! After 2 mins, carefully flip.
- Cook another minute or two.
- Add half n half and stock to skillet, and scrape up all the brown bits, mixing it all in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 mins, until thickened.
- Drain the fettuccine, and add to the skillet.
- Toss to cover pasta in the sauce, then add in the parmesan.
- Add in the shrimp, sprinkle with parsley.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.