Not really a recipe, more of an idea, and to show you what I do. I often make these in big batches and freeze them for a quick and yummy side during the week, with zero work.
Freezer Cooking: Twice Baked Potatoes
- Several large baking potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake your potatoes using your preferred method. I scrub several of them, prick them with forks and use the baked potato setting on my microwave.
- When cooked potatoes are cooled, slice them in half.
- Scoop out the center so you are left with basically the skin and little potato on the edges. Be careful with it, you don't want to pierce the potato skin if you can help it.
- Take the scooped out potato and mash with some butter and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in bacon and cheese (I use green onions in mine sometimes too).
- Scoop the potato mixture back into the skins, and top with cheese.
- If baking right away - put in a 350 degree oven until cheese melts, and potatoes are heated through.
- If freezing, wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze. On cooking day, thaw completely, then bake as above.