A light and fluffy yogurt bundt, dotted with fresh blackberries and made even better with the addition of vanilla yogurt. This colorful treat will be perfect for Mother’s Day brunch!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Real California Milk products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
**Read the post all the way down for a FABULOUS giveaway!!**
Berry season has arrived – I’m loving the abundance of fresh and colorful blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries at this time of year!
Making muffins, bars and cookies – as well as cakes is the perfect way to take advantage of fresh berries. This delicious treat is delicate, but not crumby, and has a really nice tang due to using vanilla yogurt in the batter.
Real California Milk
I’ve partnered with Real California Milk to bring you this yummy Fresh Blackberry Yogurt Bundt. Using yogurt in recipes gives them such wonderful flavor (and a touch of extra good stuff).
- Did you know that California has more than 50 cheesemakers who make 250 different varieties and styles of cheese?
- Did you know that California is the country’s leading producer of milk, ice cream, butter, nonfat dry milk and whey protein concentrate? It’s also the second largest producer or cheese and yogurt.
When you see this logo from Real California Milk, it means you are buying the simple and real dairy foods made with milk from more than 1,300 California dairy families! It also means that it has been certified as having been made with 100% Real California Milk from Real California families!
Want to learn more about the Real California Milk seal and California dairy? Visit Real California Milk website at RealCaliforniaMilk.com or find them on social media: Facebook * Twitter * YouTube * Pinterest * Instagram
Take a closer look at the ingredients I use for this Fresh Blackberry Yogurt Bundt:
Win a prize pack of assorted dairy products made in California!
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Fresh Blackberry Yogurt Bundt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, 4oz, 113g, 8 Tbs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt featuring the Real California Milk seal
- 8 oz fresh blackberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Make sure they’re really well blended, then add the lemon zest and combine.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and getting pale.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the lemon juice.
- On a low speed, alternate adding flour and yogurt until both are gone, and the batter is just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and carefully fold the blackberries into the batter.
- Grease your bundt pan (do this really well – depending on your bundt pan, you make butter it and then sprinkle a little flour, or simply use a cooking spray)
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool.
Once bundt is cooled completely, whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice together. It will be a runny, pourable glaze.
Drizzle glaze over the top of the bundt.