A spicy, but sweet glaze perfectly complements these yummy pork chops, made even more special with the addition of capers and raisins.
I love how quickly this pulls together. While the pork is cooking, put a scrubbed potato in the microwave, and either stir fry some veggies, or throw together a salad to go with. Yum!
Glazed Pork Loin Chops with Capers & Raisins
- 4 pork loin chops butterflied
- 2 Tbs brown sugar divided
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Combine 1 Tbs of the sugar, the flour, salt, cumin, cardamom and red pepper; rub evenly over pork.
- Combine remaining 1Tbs of sugar, raisins, OJ, balsamic vinegar and capers, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork; cook 2 mins.
- Turn, cook 1 min.
- Add vinegar mixture and cook 1 min or until sauce thickens and pork is done