Green & White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces medium poblano peppers seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups), about 4each
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper more to taste
- 1 lb ground white meat turkey (or chicken breasts whatever)
- 2 15.5oz cans white beans such as cannelini 15.5-ounce
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 15.5oz can hominy drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, poblanos, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Add the hominy and salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer. Ladle into individual bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cilantro.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Source: Ellie Krieger