This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Apples and Cinnamon are the perfect flavorings for these Homemade Apple Cinnamon Waffles from scratch. Warmth, comfort and so much yum! The whole family will enjoy these!
The smell of food coming from the kitchen (the coffee brewing will bring my husband) makes my kids get up out of bed and run to the table!
Weekday mornings are a little tougher – maybe I should get up earlier and make these to make it easier? (Just kidding, no time for that). That being said, these waffles are pretty quick to throw together and cook. 15 minutes max from beginning to serving, and they do make a nice change from cereal, right?
Apple waffles are my favorite, mainly because I just make the waffle batter and add it to the waffle iron, and let it cook. No flipping, no guesswork. While they cook, I can brew coffee, set the table and plan the day.
I’d say these are perfect for Fall, but the truth is – we eat these year round!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Simple. An easy recipe that you can make very quickly!
- Homemade. There is nothing better than a homemade waffle, I promise!
- Delicious. Who can resist apples and cinnamon?
What to serve with Waffles
- maple syrup
- butter or whipped cream
- a pinch of cinnamon
- lots of coffee
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Flour. Regular, all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon. A little nutmeg added to this is good too!
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar. Light or dark, it doesn’t matter.
- Eggs. Large eggs.
- Milk. any type. almond, oat, 2%, whole milk. All are good.
- Melted Butter. I use salted butter
- Apple. My favorites are granny smiths, but any apple you have around will work great!
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Begin by preheating the waffle iron.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
Make a well in the dry ingredients, and mix in the eggs, milk and butter mixture until just combined.
Fold in the apples.
Spray the waffle iron lightly with cooking spray (or brush with cooking spray)
Cook in your waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
Remove from the waffle iron, top with whipped cream, extra cinnamon and sugar, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
How to make waffles with pancake mix: You can, OF COURSE, make these Apple Cinnamon Waffles with pancake mix, just follow the instructions for waffles, and add the grated apple and cinnamon.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Homemade Bagels. Just 4 ingredients, and these are yours! Fresh, warm and chewy, topped with whatever you fancy – these homemade bagels are easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Warm, gooey, soft homemade cinnamon rolls with a sweet and creamy frosting that melts deliciously into them… oh my.
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. The quintessential “elevated” pancake recipe. Tart-but-sweet, with fresh lemon juice and zest and ricotta to create a gorgeous, fluffy result!
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Waffles
- Whipped cream
- Extra cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and mix in the eggs milk and butter mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Cook in your waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
- Remove from waffle iron, top with whipped cream, extra cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.