This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Soft and sweet with a tang of lemon – these aren’t really brownies (they’re yellow, for one)… but they ARE good. Try eating just one…
Happy birthday, Jeannie!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Depending on which kind of pan you use - line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, leaving enough over the edges that you can use to easily remove the brownies from the pan, or use an individual brownie pan, (greased) like mine.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Slowly mix in the softened butter, using a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, and zest. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into whichever baking pan you choose and bake:
If using the 9x13 pan
- Bake 25-30 minutes,until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Once the brownies are cooled, pour the glaze over the top and spread with a spatula to evenly coat. Allow it to set , then remove the brownies from the pan (using the overhanging foil), and cut into squares.
If using a brownie pan
- Remove after cooling, and glaze individually (I put the glaze in a zip lock bag, snipped a corner and did a crisscross pattern)
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the ingredients together in a medium bowl and use to glaze the brownies.
Source: Sweet Beginnings