This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Creamy ricotta and bright lemon flavors highlight this easy weeknight meal. Fresh and full of flavor, this is a winner for the whole family! A low carb option is included as an added bonus! Lemon Ricotta Pasta is where it’s AT!
I’m in love with this dish. It’s just that good. Comes together really fast, is customizable to your family’s tastes and is just so pretty. I had been actively avoiding serving fettuccine, spaghetti etc to my kids, thinking it was “too hard” and it would make a lot of mess and it would be a disaster. Although I hate it when I’m wrong,…in THIS case, I love that I was!! Look at these two devouring it happily!
Super easy, which is KEY on weeknights, AND my kids will eat it? Winning!
[Tweet “Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Spinach #pasta #lowcarb #zoodles #ricotta #lemon #dinner #recipe”]
I made an alternate version for those going low carb, and honestly – I think it might have been better than the original with pasta (see directions below)
Want more pasta?
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder or onion powder
- 1 lb dry
- 1-2 cups reserved pasta water
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan (plus more for serving)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and a little garlic/onion powder.
- Grill or pan fry the tenders until cooked through, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine in salted water (reserve 2 cups pasta water before draining pasta.
- Drain water (reserve 2 cups).
- Heat a a large skillet, dutch oven or large saucepan to
- medium-low and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, 1/2 cup hot reserved pasta water and parmesan and mix together.
- Add the pasta, and to toss to coat.
- Add the spinach, and allow to wilt.
- (Add in more pasta water as desired to thin and season with salt and pepper to taste)
- Toss until everything is thoroughly heated, then add the
- Serve warm topped with more parmesan and lemon slices.
LOW CARB VERSION
- Follow Steps 1-2,
- Then skip to Step 5
- In Step 6, add raw zucchini noodles in and use hot chicken broth to thin if needed.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks