This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A delicious and lighter version of a traditional ragout, that doesn’t skimp on the flavour! Serve this low fat turkey ragout with decadent (but light) Rosemary Parmesan Polenta for a delightful weeknight meal.
You are going to LOVE the hearty flavor in this low fat turkey ragout! I know that typically low fat recipes aren’t terribly tasty, but hear me out! Turkey sausage used in this way is almost undetectable to their fattier cousins (beef and pork sausage), and this brings a mighty punch of flavor to the table.
I have started getting a few cooking magazines again. There was a time where I wasn’t reading them, and they were collecting dust. In the interest of my sanity, I am again making time to do the things I enjoy – and I flip through them as they arrive now.
This Low Fat Turkey Ragout, though…
What to serve with this?
Want more weeknight meals? Of course you do!!
Turkey Sausage, Cannellini and Tomato Ragout
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Remove sausage from pan.
- Add oil to pan; add heat.
- Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add ¼ cup of the stock, cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in remaining stock, salt, pepper, oregano, tomatoes and beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cooked sausage, cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with polenta, pasta, or just in a bowl!
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Source: Cooking Light Magazine circa… um 2008