This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
One Pot: Thirty Minute Jambalaya
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb chicken breast diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked white or brown rice
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl mix together the cayenne, Creole seasoning and onion powder - then add the chicken and sausage and mix until they're coated in seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil, then cook the chicken and sausage over medium heat until browned.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic and cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Add stock, tomatoes, rice, bay leaves, Worcestershire and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover pot with lid, and cook for 20 minutes (if using white rice) or 45-50 minutes (if using brown rice).
- Check near the end of cooking time and if the mixture is dry, add more broth or water.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.