This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We had a pile of blue cheese in the fridge. Awful problem to have, I know…. anyway, we bought a Costco sized tub of blue cheese crumbles, and although we have used a ton making Blue Cheese topped Pork Chops, I wanted to get some use out of it in a different way. A quick look around some of my favourite blogs and sites, and I found this from Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations. Aside from being an awesome cook and owner of a double-barreled first name (which I love), she’s a really cool lady, so it was a no-brainer to use one of her recipes. Go check out her blog – but be warned it will make you HUNGRY. Thanks, Mary Ellen! This came together VERY fast – if you make the sauce while the pasta boils, you can serve this in 15 minutes.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 4 cups arugula Aussies/Kiwis - this is rocket
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add salt to a big pot of water, and bring to the boil.
- Cook pasta , drain, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer, then whisk in the blue cheese until it melts and blends in, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and toss.
- Add arugula and toss until wilted - taste, and add more salt/pepper if needed.