This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A chewy, healthy treat – packed with quinoa and oats, a favorite of kids and adults alike!
Want more back to school recipes? Of course you do!
Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup 7 grain cereal or oats not the quick kind (can sub traditional oats)
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Tbs oil
- 3 Tbs dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a ceramic or glass 9X13 inch baking dish (or use a brownie pan like I did)
- Spread oats and quinoa on a cookie sheet and toast in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut, and dried cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine salt, peanut butter, honey, molasses, oil, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated. Pour into baking dish.
- Press mixture down into pan. Bake for 20 minutes, watching carefully – they burn easily. If using a brownie pan, check on them at about 10 mins. Once they are browned on the edges, take them out.
- Let cool, and serve.
Source: Adapted from Superhealthy Kids