This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Perfectly seared steak, sliced thinly, drizzled with a gorgeous balsamic fig jam, sprinkled with Gorgonzola – accompanied by garlic greens, and crispy roasted red potatoes.
Hello, lover. That’s what I said when I took my first bite of this!! I make this on nights where I have bags of greens that need to be used up, an extra steak laying about (sometimes Costco has them in packs of 5, so 2 meals for the Husband and I plus an extra?!) and add some roasted potatoes.
Steak with Balsamic Fig Jam, Roasted Potatoes and GreensPrint Pin
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 10 oz baby red potatoes
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- cup ½red onion diced small
- 6 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs water
- 5-6 dried figs roughly chopped
- 10 oz sirloin steak
- Mixed leafy greens (I used chard
- kale collard greens and spinach)
- 1-2 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 Tbs gorgonzola crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut potatoes into quarters (or slices, if your potatoes are huge).
- Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and whole thyme sprigs. Roast 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Heat ½ tablespoon cooking oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, salt, and pepper, stir. Cook 1 minute, or until onions soften. Add chopped figs and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar and about 1 tablespoon water to pan; stir. Bring to a low boil. Simmer 8-10 minutes, or until syrupy, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 ½ tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of steak and add to hot pan. Sear 4-5 minutes on each side (we like ours medium)
- Mince garlic. Roughly chop greens.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, allow to rest.
- Return pan used for steak to stovetop.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil over medium heat. Add garlic to hot pan and cook 30 seconds. Add greens. Season with salt and pepper; stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons water. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Divide roasted potatoes between plates. Pile greens alongside potatoes. Thinly slice steak against the grain and divide between the plates. Top with fig jam (include plenty of the syrup) and sprinkle with Gorgonzola.