This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A side dish, or even a main – this is packed with nutrient dense ingredients of quinoa, spinach, and white beans. The richly flavored tomato and basil broth gives huge flavor to this yummy dish!
Quinoa seems to be a bit of a foodie buzz word these days, I kind of wish I hadn’t taken so long to try it! Turns out, we’re on QUITE the quinoa kick. I’ve enjoyed all the recipes I’ve made using this super healthy, tasty little ingredient. I love that it cooks fast (in about 10 minutes) and is so versatile.
The nutritional benefits are also huge plus. H (almost 4) refused to try this (because, whatever). C (18 months) snarfed it like it was his job. The Husband and I loved it. It is SO tasty, and has SO much flavour.
This dish makes delicious leftovers (if you hide them in the back of the fridge so you actually HAVE leftovers for lunch), hot or cold.
Just a note about the vegetable stock – this is more than you’d usually need to cook 1 cup of quinoa, but we are also cooking the tomatoes and beans in the stock.
Want more one pan dishes? Of course you do!
Tomato-Basil Quinoa with Spinach and White Beans
- Combine quinoa and broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large dutch oven (or other large pan) over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions; cook for 1 minute (until the onion is softened)
- Add tomatoes, beans and basil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the pot of quinoa and broth into the tomato mixture, season and simmer on a low heat (uncovered) until the quinoa is absorbs the broth and is cooked through (You may need to add a bit more broth to finish cooking the quinoa if the broth is absorbing too quickly).
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, add the spinach and stir to wilt.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
Adapted only slightly from Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations