Garlic Thyme Butter
- 4 Tbs butter salted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme chopped
For the Sandwiches
- 2 ribeye steaks (can sub new york strip)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh arugula
Combine the softened butter, thyme, and garlic, and set aside.
Slice the bread and the tomatoes, set aside
Prep the steaks - season with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill over medium-high heat, and cook your ribeyes (or New York Strip) to desired doneness (we like ours at medium rare - so remove steak from grill at 140°F and rest, for a final temp of 145°F)
When you flip the steak, add the bread and tomatoes to the grill and cook until the tomatoes are softened and the break has lovely grill marks.
Spread the Garlic & Thyme Butter on the grilled bread.
Slice the steak - thin sliced if you use New York Strip, thicker if you use Ribeye - top the grilled bread with steak, tomatoes, arugula, and top with another sliced of grilled bread.
FAQs and Top Tips for making a Good Steak Sandwich
- What is the best cut of meat for a tender steak sandwich? We love ribeye, but filet, or new york strip (sliced thinly) work fabulously as well. Avoid "minute steaks" or anything that is designed to be cooked low and slow. We're going for grilled deliciousness tonight!
- What kind of bread should I use for Grilled Steak Sandwiches? I love a good fresh loaf of French bread that I pick up from the bakery at the grocery store, but have been known to use "Texas Toast" bread as well.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1725IU | Vitamin C: 20.9mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2.7mg