- 2 pie crusts store bought - cut into rounds to fit your pan (or your own pie crust)
- 1 cup lemon curd recipe linked above
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbs sugar
Roll your crust out til it is about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into rounds to fit your pan (a mini muffin pan and a glass works great!).
Place rounds in a mini muffin or tart pan, and press gently to make a well.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Bake the crusts til they are golden brown (about 10-15 minutes - keep an eye on them).
Remove, and cool.
Whisk together the egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form.
GRADUALLY add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Top your lemon pies with the meringue.
Place pies under a broiler and broil until browned and crispy.
Let pies cool.
Kylee's Tips for Lemon Meringue Pie
Bake the pie crusts ahead, and make the lemon curd a day before. When it's time for dessert - just whip up the meringue and broil - ta da!!
About egg whites:
- Soft peaks barely hold their shape. The peaks flop over immediately when the beaters are lifted.
- Medium peaks stand straight up, but the tip curls down a little bit when the beaters are lifted
- Stiff peaks stand straight up when the beaters are lifted.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.4mg