- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tbs honey
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 6 oz blackberries raspberries are great too - whatever is in season will work
- 8 mint leaves (optional)
Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 1 cup of water.
Bring to a boil, and simmer until quinoa is tender (liquid has been absorbed - about 15 mins)
Fluff with a fork, and set aside to cool completely, then chill in the refrigerator.
In a bowl, combine the yogurt and honey and divide between 4 bowls.
Top with the cooled quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds and blackberries.
Add mint (if using), and mix to combine.
Top Tips for Breakfast Quinoa
- Cook your quinoa ahead, and have it in the fridge ready to make breakfast at a moment's notice.
- Change this up with whatever is in season. Peach & basil combo is awesome, as well as different berries (raspberries, blueberries rock!).
- Chia seeds are fun in this, too!
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 5.4% | Vitamin C: 13.4% | Calcium: 38.8% | Iron: 12.1%