- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced very fine
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups milk divided
- 3/4 cup flour
In medium-sized saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the together the broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings and bring to the boil.
Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour and add while whisking the
boiling mixture and continue whisking until mixture boils and thickens.
Cool, and use as directed in your favourite recipe
- This can be made vegetarian by subbing chicken stock for vegetable broth (do I get an award for stating the obvious or something?)
- To use in place of canned soup, use 1.5 cups of this recipe per can needed.
- To Freeze: Cool, and freeze in 1.5 cup portions (I do this in plastic freezer bags and freeze them flat for easier thawing)
- Want more great recipes for homemade pantry staples? Try my Homemade Taco Seasoning, Homemade Applesauce or Homemade Bisquick!
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 921mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 3mg