- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 medium zucchini cut into half moon chunks
- 1 large bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into wedges (then halved)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano dried
- 2 tsp dried basil dried
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Chop vegetables and put them in a large bowl and add the chicken tenders.
In another bowl, whisk together the seasoning ingredients until well combined.
Pour seasoning/dressing over the chicken and vegetables and mixed until well combined.
On a large baking sheet, arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165F) and the vegetables get a nice char on them.
Divide into meal prep bowls and store in the refrigerator until needed. Remove the lemon wedge (lemon is not good hot!)
Reheat in microwave, squeeze a little lemon over your food.
- Mix it up and change out the veggies for whatever is in season (just remember to cut them similar sizes). I keep the zucchini bigger because they do cook faster than other veggies.
- This will work well with chicken breasts cut into strips or even bite-sized chunks. You can also do thighs or whole breasts if that is what you prefer. Just ensure that the chicken gets to 165 degrees F.
- Seasoning suggestions:
- a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, red peppers, paprika & celery salt for a spicy twist
- a blend of cumin, coriander, chili and lime for a southwestern taste
- Chicken with potatoes or sweet potatoes - add a few of these (chopped up small) for is a wonderful, hearty meal
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1307mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.7mg