A weeknight winner, low on clean-up and high on taste, this Sheet Pan Dinner of Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is super fast, super easy and SUPER tasty! Make ahead for lunches for the week, or just feed the family!
This is my new love. A Sheet Pan Chicken dinner that is largely hands off, and tastes AMAZING! Just prep some veggies and some chicken and throw them on a sheet pan – roast for 15 minutes, and you’re DONE!
I’m a working mama – which means on the list of people to take care of, I’m usually WAY down the bottom. I just don’t have the time to pack my lunch in the mornings, and need a grab and go solution that I’ve made prior, so that I can still manage to eat well.
I LOVE having a packed lunch at work. I can skip leaving the office, go hang in the lunchroom and get some zone out time while fueling up for the afternoon ahead.Love this? Tweet it!Click To Tweet
Although this is great for families for dinner – I like to do this particular recipe JUST FOR ME. I’ve also been known to make this when I know I or the husband will have some late nights at work – and have these in the fridge in single servings for one or the other of us to grab and devour as needed.
Having fresh, tasty food that doesn’t require any assembly or effort readily available is also GREAT for avoiding fast food and take out!
- Mix it up and change out the veggies for whatever is in season (just remember to cut them similar sizes). I keep the zucchini bigger because they do cook faster than other veggies.
- This will work well with chicken breasts cut into strips, or even bite sized chunks
- Change up the spices (see below for suggestions)
Want the recipe for this yummy Sheet Pan Dinner? See below!
This is great for a quick weeknight dinner – just season it all up and throw it in the oven!
- 1.5 Tbs Tuscan seasoning + salt/pepper
- a blend of onion powder, red peppers, paprika & celery salt for spicy twist
- a blend of cumin, coriander, chili and lime for a southwestern taste
Want more low carb 30 minute meals?
Need more easy weeknight dinners? Of COURSE you do!
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 large zucchini cut into half moon chunks
- 1 large bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into wedges (then halved)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs crushed garlic
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 2 tsp basil dried
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Extra lemon wedges
- Cooked quinoa or rice
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Chop vegetables and put them in a large bowl and add the chicken tenders.
In another bowl, whisk together the seasoning ingredients until well combined.
Pour seasoning/dressing over the chicken and vegetables and mixed until well combined.
On a large baking sheet, arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165F) and the vegetables get a nice char on them.
Serve immediately, with cooked quinoa or rice, and squeeze a little extra lemon over the top (optional)
Divide into meal prep bowls and store in the refrigerator until needed. Remove the lemon wedge (lemon is not good hot!)
Reheat in microwave, squeeze a little lemon over your food.
NOTES: If your chicken cooks faster than the veggies, remove the chicken and broil the veggies to get the char!