This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A quick marinade, then threading on skewers takes these summery grilled vegetable kabobs with pesto yogurt sauce to a new level of delicious!
Living in AZ, we grill out A LOT. It’s just such great weather here most of the year, and the rest of the time – I don’t want to cook inside anyway. I love hanging out by the pool, drinking a beer, cooking dinner, and enjoying being outdoors. Beer, food, friends. Brilliant ingredients for summer, right?
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but… sometimes we get… um, sick of steak, chicken and burgers on the grill. Sometimes, I want to cook outside because it’s hot, but don’t necessarily want “the usual”.
Which is how these marinated vegetable kabobs were born. Normally, we would marinate meat for the grill, but marinating vegetables is just as worthwhile!
A short marinade time, threading on skewers, grilling up and served with a touch of pesto yogurt sauce, and eaten with a little orzo.
How pretty do these look?!
Here’s how we do it…
Marinated Vegetable Kabobs with Pesto Yogurt Sauce
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bell pepper any color
- Cooked orzo pasta
- 2 Tbs prepared pesto
PESTO YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs prepared pesto
- If using wooden skewers, soak them 30 minutes prior to use (to prevent burning on the grill)
- Blend the wine, olive oil and seasonings together, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini, squash, red onion and bell peppers into chunks, and marinate in the bowl, turning every so often, for 15 minutes.
- Thread the marinated vegetable on the skewers.
- Preheat the grill to medium, and place them on the grill and cook until charred and perfect. Get yourself another beer.
- Remove kabobs from grill,
- Combine the cooked orzo with pesto.
For the pesto yogurt sauce.
- Blend the pesto and yogurt together until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Divide the orzo between plates, top with kabobs.
- Drizzle with pesto yogurt sauce.
- Devour (preferably with more beer)
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.