This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
I love love LOVE having this in my recipe arsenal. I bring chicken breasts home from the grocery store, and put them in ziplocks in pairs (a serving each for The Husband and I, plus probably extra for the little dude) with enough marinade to cover the chicken.
I throw them right into the freezer and take them out before leaving for work. As they thaw, they marinate – a great thing to have around for a really tasty dinner.
A note about the vinegar – any kind will do – I’ve used red wine, white wine, plain distilled white – malt probably isn’t good though.
On the Grill: Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
TERIYAKI CHICKEN BREASTSPrint
Want to scale this recipe?Simply click on the serving amount and move the slider up or down - the recipe will automatically adjust!
- 1 cup soy sauce I use a low sodium one
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbs vinegar
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use on chicken or steak - and marinate for a few hours. (If making same day, save a little of the marinade for brushing on the meat while it cooks - don't use the marinade the chicken was in)
- Grill as usual