This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
When the heat is in the 100s (37C+), the last thing we want to do is cook inside and heat up the cool oasis that is our air conditioned house. With severe heat warnings across the valley, it was time to get out the grill, for sure.
Enter….vegetables! On the grill!
Yeah, okay FINE, nothing unusual about that – but these were a great addition to a steak dinner we had, and meant that the majority of the cooking was done outside. Best of all, the cooking was taken care of, while I sat in the pool. I did do all the prep, but apparently it’s the actual COOKING that counts, when it comes time to shirk clean up duty. Hmph.
I really enjoyed this dish – grilled zucchini alone is great, but the lime takes it to a whole other level. I had leftover lime salt, and think it’ll be great on the rim of a big frosty margarita. Mmmm…. margaritas….
Grilled Zucchini with Lime SaltPrint Pin
Want to scale this recipe?Simply click on the serving amount and move the slider up or down - the recipe will automatically adjust!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 lime zested, divided, and juiced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt additional
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the zucchini and then cut into quarters, lengthwise.
- In a large zip lock bag, drizzle in olive oil, salt, pepper, 1/2 the lime zest and all of the juice.
- Add the zucchini, then seal the bag, and make sure the zucchini is covered by the marinade.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes (not much more though) to marinate
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat, and grill the zucchini on all three sides until tender, but not mushy.
- Combine the remaining zest and extra salt in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the limed-up-salt over the plate of grilled zucchini and serve.