This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Cilantro Lime Rice is a kicked up rice side that pairs well with anything, but especially Mexican or Indian cuisines. Super easy to make!
I love me some Indian food. Although I’m from New Zealand, we have a large Indian population in Auckland.
You can usually find Indian restaurants right alongside all the usual fish & chip shops, burger joints, pizza and other takeout food options. It’s somewhat catching on here in the USA, but when I really need a fix, I tend to make it myself.
I usually make a Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala, but I also lean heavily my favorite Chickpea Tomato Spinach Curry, but I ALWAYS make Cilantro Lime Rice for anything Mexican or Indian!Love Cilantro Lime Rice? Tweet it!
Making the main dish can be time-consuming, but side dishes are super important to really round out the experience. I have to admit, adding lime is not necessarily typical of Indian food (I don’t think), but I think that hint of freshness with the cilantro really adds something to a well spiced and warm main dish.
It’s super easy – but, for those who need inspiration/recipe/directions, I’m here for ya!
How to make Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Cook the rice like you usually would, substituting stock for water, and adding garlic.
- When rice is cooked, drain and toss with lime juice, lime zest and cilantro.
Want more side dishes? Of course you do!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups basmati rice rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions, using the stock and water and adding the garlic.
- When cooked, fold the cilantro in, mix the lime and half the zest in until well combined.
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks