This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A super easy weeknight dinner, these Maple Ginger Baked Chicken Drumsticks have an amazing flavor with sweet maple and pops of ginger in every bite. Everyone will love it!
Oooh! Looky over here! Pantry staples are going to kick your weeknight dinner up a massive notch.
Do you suffer from the omg-what-am-I-going-to-make-for-dinner problem? Even though I try to meal plan, life has a way of throwing curve-balls, meaning that things I plan, don’t happen and things I don’t plan for – happen all too regularly. I might get home super late, or we might have somewhere to be that I had forgotten about.
I’m a working parent, and so is my husband – it’s really hit or miss as to whether he’ll even be home around dinner time or not.A super easy weeknight dinner, these Maple Ginger Baked Chicken Drumsticks have an amazing flavor with sweet maple and pops of ginger in every bite. Everyone will love it! Click To Tweet
I bought these chicken drumsticks on a whim, and they were hanging out in the fridge just begging me to use them (well, the use by date was glaring at me, anyway). I considered making my world famous Oven Fried Chicken (okay fine, they’re famous and a household name …. but just my household), but I am trying to get out of making the same old meals every week.
I swear it’s these on rotation:
- One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops (really need to redo this post)
- Breakfast for dinner (which usually involves oven baked bacon, waffles or corned beef hash)
- Fend-for-yourself night – which means, if it’s in the fridge – it is up for grabs.
I mean, these are all fine choices, and will be devoured by my family (and anyone else who happens to be around – Hi Alexis!), but as a food blogger I feel like I could be doing a little better at meal planning, and making delicious food for my family.
So, a quick rummage in the pantry, and these Maple Ginger Baked Chicken Drumsticks were born. See how simple this is?
Easy ingredients, a quick marinade and some time in the oven, leaving you free to make some side dishes, or drink a glass of wine.
You’re so welcome.
Want more weeknight dinner ideas? Me too! (here’s some for you)
What is YOUR weeknight go-to? I’d love some ideas!!
- Whisk together the maple syrup, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper until well mixed.
- Pour marinade into a plastic zip top bag.
- Add the chicken drums and mix until chicken is well coated.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and place a roasting rack in it.
- Add the chicken, and roast for 20 minutes (or until 165F in the center when tested with a thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.